|Various - See below for full details|
|Straight Barbells, Curved Barbells, Circular Barbells, BCRs|
|4 Weeks - 9 Months|
|21 With ID|
|£80.00 - £85.00|
Female Genital Piercing
Ready to get a female genital piercing? Use our store locator to find your local Blue Banana Studio. There’s no need to book an appointment; you can simply go to the store of your choice and be pierced on the day.
Make sure to check the genital piercing age restriction before coming to store. It can help to avoid any undue disappointment. In a Blue Banana studio, the female genital piercing age restriction is 21 (ID may be required). Genital piercings are not available with parental consent.
With female genital piercings, in particular, it is crucially important to ensure you visit an experienced piercer who is familiar with these kinds of piercings. It is usually necessary to have a consultation with a piercer before your intended piercing to allow them to examine your anatomy and confirm whether you are a suitable candidate for your piercing. Because female genitals vary hugely, there are no guarantees that you will be able to have your chosen piercing; your piercer will explain this fully to you during your consultation.
When you come to the piercing studio to have your piercing, the procedure will be as follows:
- The piercer will ask you to remove your underwear and lie down on the table. You may find it more comfortable to wear a skirt or dress for your piercing.
- The piercer will wear gloves and will clean the area using sterile wipes or solution.
- The piercer will mark the intended piercing area with a surgical pen and you can ask to view the placement before the piercing procedure.
- The piercer will then use either a small clamp or their fingers to hold the skin taught before passing through a hollow, sterile needle.
- The piercer will thread through your jewellery and secure it fully.
As you would expect, there is a certain amount of discomfort or soreness following a female genital piercing and during initial healing. However, provided the correct aftercare advice is followed, these types of piercings often heal very quickly and smoothly.
The healing time will depend on which female genital piercing you have, but here are some things you can do to help the process along:
- Refrain from sexual activity for at least 2 weeks during initial healing
- Use a barrier method such as condoms during sex for at least 8 weeks after the piercing (even if it is with a regular partner).
- Maintain good bodily hygiene and keep the piercing site clean and dry
- Perform saltwater soaks using cotton wool or gauze twice daily during initial healing
- Always make sure you have clean and dry hands before cleaning the piercing
- Do not touch or move the jewellery
- Do not attempt to change your jewellery until the piercing is fully healed
- Be very careful if trying to shave the area
- Avoid using any creams, lotions, oils or lubricants near the piercing site
A small amount of swelling, bruising and discomfort is normal shortly after a female genital piercing but if you experience persistent swelling, stinging, discharge or bleeding please return to your piercer or doctor promptly for an assessment.
Female genital piercings are usually worn with curved barbells, straight barbells or BCRs. With body jewellery in this area, you should only ever use internally threaded barbells as the externally threaded barbells can trap bodily fluids and bacteria inside and increase the risk of infection.
There’s plenty of options when it comes to female genital piercing jewellery from Blue Banana. There are a range of colours and designs to choose from in our genital piercing jewellery range.
When choosing your piercing jewellery there are a few things you should consider:
- Jewellery Size – Make sure to find out from your piercer the size your female genital piercing jewellery should be.
- Jewellery Material – piercing materials differ not only through their look but also how they could react to your skin. If you have sensitive skin that is prone to irritation, one of the many Titanium jewellery options is recommended. This material comes in a variety of colours and is durable too!
When searching for a piece of jewellery make sure you know your measurements. We display the piercing jewellery measurements as Gauge first (displayed in millimetres) then Diameter/Length, e.g. 1.2mm x 8mm.
- Gauge – this is the thickness of the jewellery itself.
- Diameter – the width across the widest point of the jewellery for hoops and rings.
- Length – the length of the piercing bar, usually not including the ball.
Make sure to check out the tips from our piercing guides for information about changing and removing piercing jewellery.
It is important to wait until your piercing has fully healed before changing your piercing jewellery. Here are the healing times for female genital piercings:
- VCH Clitoral Hood Piercing Healing: 4-8 Weeks
- HCH Clitoral Hood Piercing Healing: 6-8 Weeks
- Inner Labia Piercing Healing: 4-8 Weeks
- Outer Labia Piercing Healing: 3-4 Months
- Triangle Piercing Healing: 3-4 Months
- Fourchette Piercing Healing: 6-8 Weeks
- Princess Diana Piercing Healing: 4-8 Weeks
- Princess Albertina Piercing Healing: 4-6 Weeks
- Clitoris Piercing Healing: 4-6 Weeks
- Christina Piercing Healing: 6-9 Months
- Find Your Local BB Studio
- Age Restrictions & Prices
- Aftercare & Cleaning
- Piercing Size & Gauge Guide
- Inserting, Changing & Removing Jewellery
- Piercing Pain: The Ultimate Guide
- Piercing At Blue Banana
- Piercing Laws Around the UK