Down The Rabbit Hole: Wonderland Fashion
Fancy taking a trip through the looking glass into a world of wonderland fashion?
Alice In Wonderland has inspired some pretty awesome Cosplays and fancy dress costumes both from the Walt Disney 1951 cartoon version and Tim Burton’s 2010 revamped version!
Whether you fancy yourself as a Queen Of Hearts, Mad Hatter, The White Rabbit, The Cheshire Cat or even Alice herself, if you’re looking to add a little wonderland fashion to your every day look, check out our style ideas below!
Queen Of Hearts
The Queen Of Hearts is a formidable force to be reckoned with, particularly in the fashion stakes. Her coordinated red and black ensembles, coupled with playing-card-inspired accessories are instantly recognisable and pack a serious wonderland fashion punch!
Perfect for fierce ladies who don’t mess around with their style, and those who are just the right amount of crazy, we recommend the following:
- H&R Heart Dress
- Alchemy Gothic Aces Up Earrings
- Irregular Choice Queen Of Hearts Heel Shoes
- Blue Banana Ace Card Hold-Up Tights
- Alchemy Gothic Coeur Du Morteur Pendant
- Manic Panic Kitten Colors CS Red Lethal Lipstick
- Edit Daily Blood Coloured Contact Lenses
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter has a unique, out-there style that’s the envy of anyone who loves their look to be their own. With a crazy combination of floral patterns, steampunk accessories and vibrant coloured locks, there are plenty of style points you can take influence from!
Perfect for anyone who wants to make a lasting fashion impression or anyone who loves to experiment with patterns and colours, we recommend the following:
- Golden Steampunk Huntress Coat
- Alchemy Gothic Machine Head Earrings
- Blue Banana Cupcake Icon Bracelet
- Alice In Wonderland Hatter’s Cotton Thread Belt Buckle
- Blue Banana Flower Leggings
- Blue Banana PU Red Leather Gloves
- Eyecasions Monthly Lime Green Coloured Contact Lenses
- Major Wear Junior Red Top Hat
- Manic Panic High Voltage Electric Tiger Lily Classic Cream Formula Colour Hair Dye
The main character of this classic tale is dripping in innocent style appeal, making her cutesie look one of the most enviable in wonderland fashion! The simplicity of Alice’s traditional outfit makes it easy to replicate in many ways for a wonderland inspired every day outfit!
Perfect for girly girls with a twist, if you want to give little Alice a run for her money, we recommend:
- Voodoo Vixen Blue Celina Polka Dress
- Voodoo Vixen Joni Anchor Dress
- Irregular Choice Tea With Alice Heel Shoes
- Blue Banana Checked With Bow Hold Ups
- Alchemy Gothic Septagramic Coercion Gearwheel Key Necklace
- Manic Panic Kitten Colors Sweet Thang Lethal Lipstick
- Barry M Ebony Liquid Eyeliner
- Edit 90 Day Manson Blue Coloured Contact Lenses
- Stargazer Bow False Lashes
In the crazy stakes, they don’t come much better than the Cheshire Cat, but in terms of fashion, his two-tone colour palette is simple yet effective and can easily be used to inspire any outfit with a hint of pink!
Perfect for girls with a penchant for pink and purple, if you want to try out the Cheshire Cat’s signature style, we recommend:
- Bleeding Heart 50/50 Pink Tartan Ultra Skinny Jeans
- Pamela Mann Henna Tights
- Irregular Choice Cheshire Cat Heel Shoes
- Steampunk Style Pink Goggles
- Happy Never After Alice Severed Head Custom Tee
- Manic Panic Dreamliner Electric Amethyst Liquid Eye Liner
- Blue Banana Spiral Purple Silicone Flesh Tunnel
- Stargazer Neon False Eyelashes
- Manic Panic Amplified Hot Hot Pink Semi Permanent Colour Hair Dye
- Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Semi Permanent Colour Hair Dye
The White Rabbit
Amidst all of his rushing around and panicking, The White Rabbit has a cool and coordinated little look going on that isn’t far removed from our favourite steampunk trends today! You can take almost any element from this bunny’s style from his clock and little jacket, to create a fantastic wonderland fashion look of your own.
Perfect for anyone who’s always ‘running late’, here is what we suggest:
- Banned White Lace Shirt
- Jawbreaker Plaid To The Bone Jacket
- Irregular Choice White Rabbit Heel Shoes
- Steampunk Clock Earrings
- Bleeding Heart Striped Skinny Fit Jeans
- Solstice Clock Face Goggles
- Edit 90 Day Tick Tock Coloured Contact Lenses
- Living Dead Souls Clock Circular Shoulder Bag
So if you want to dip your toes in the world of wonderland fashion, hopefully we’ve given you some great inspo to get you started!