Are you looking for an awesome hair colour for a new you? Sometimes something as simple as a new hairdo can boost your mood and, with a funky green hair dye style, you are sure to be feeling bright. We know you don’t need any help to style your outfits but have you thought about how your hair matches you clothes? You may have the best alternative wardrobe in the world but is your hair up to scratch? Forget about subtle natural colours and take the plunge with green coloured hair dye.
Not sure you are ready to unleash new green hair on the world? With different durations of hair dye you can take the temporary hair colour test before committing to a full head of emerald locks.
Types Of Green Hair Dye
If you aren’t ready to make your green hair dye permanent then why not start at the very beginning with some hair chalk or wash out hair colour. Choose from these favourites:
- Stargazer Neon Hair Chalk
- Paintglow UV Hair Streaks
- Paintglow UV Hair Chalk
Are you thinking about taking the next step? If you are ready to graduate from green hair dye temporary to semi-permanent dye then you will need to select the perfect shade. We have plenty of options for semi-permanent green hair dye.
Our favourite shade of green is dark green hair dye and we think you will love it too. This hair colour is especially great for those with naturally dark hair. Either blend with your natural colour or go for full coverage. These deep greens remind us of lush pine forests and emeralds. Pair them with your favourite punk outfit for an edgy vibe.
If you would like your green hair to be a little more subtle then check out the pastel green hair dye. The light shade of green will give a hint of colour to your locks. This fresh, soft tone is sure to pair well with light hair tones. If you are a natural blonde then adding some green streaks or dip dye to your hair could help you achieve a new look. If you are ready to embrace a new fashion faze then why not start with the hair and build outfits around this colour. The full pastel colour spectrum is sure to complement your green hair, especially if you use the Manic Panic Perfect Pastel Sea Nymph Hair Dye.
The next question is how to colour match your wardrobe with your green hair. This is an incredibly dominant colour so considering your outfit choice is vital. Depending on which shade of green you choose can change these results, for example if you select a pastel hair dye then make sure you have the pastel wardrobe to match. If you select an emerald hair dye make sure you have jewel coloured clothes to match. They also say opposites attract so pairing green with pinks and purples can give you a cool colour combination. It is important to note that the most successful outfits usually have a colour fade effect so from head to toe you should work from the tip, and go from dark to light tones.
Who Has Braved Hair Dye In Green?
Check out two of our favourite celebrity icons who have rocked green hair. Think back to the days of singing into your hairbrush in your bedroom and wishing you were as cool as the singers on TV. Avril Lavigne is surely a legend of the noughties that definitely inspired our love for green hair colour. She often opted for green streaks in her light blonde hair. If you are looking to re-live that era just for a night then be sure to check out the Paintglow UV Hair Chalk in Green. Maybe you would like to bring back past trends with a more permanent green hair dye UK. We stock plenty of brands to help you achieve this style.
- La Riche Directions
- Herman’s Amazing Hair Colour
- Manic Panic
- Crazy Color
Many of these brands include precision nozzles or free tint brushes to help you achieve the accurate streaks you are after. Section off the hair you would like to colour ready for your bright green hair dye.
Green Hair Dye: Rebellious, Bright & Bold
When customers look for hair dye they want quality, colour and a reliable source for their new hair colouring products. If you’ve been wondering where to buy green hair dye then you’ll be pleased to know that the hunt is officially over! With every variant of green you can think of, check out our colour chart of great green hues.
- Dark Green Hair Dye: Ideal for those who want a more mystical edge to their hair colour. Dark greens make for emerald and alpine beauties that are sure to sharpen up your style. It’s a hugely popular option due to it being able to cover a whole host of natural colours.
- Bright Green Hair Dye: If you’re really going for it, then unleash a vibrant shock of green-y goodness. With brands like Manic Panic and La Riche Directions tucked away in our arsenal, they are products you can truly rely on for taking your look a few shades louder!
- Pastel Green Hair Dye: soft and minty, customers simply love a good pastel shade – and why shouldn’t they? A definite sweeter shade, you too can enjoy going green with some of our best looks. Creamtones hair dye can certainly help you enjoy the very best minty hair looks.
- Neon Green Hair Dye: as well as our semi-permanent neon dyes, some of our wash out hair colors are great for getting an iridescent finish. Lather up your locks with some simple-to-apply hair colour and the colour will come out after one wash – how good does that sound?
Make sure to discover all the celebrities and trendsetters who love hair dye green as much as we do. Get some Joker hair colour inspiration from the man himself Jared Leto, who used Manic Panic to achieve the Joker green locks in the 2016 Suicide Squad movie. Pop star Nicki Minaj and even Kylie Jenner are just some of the diverse celebrities have opted to go get green hair in recent years!
With soft, seafoam shades, deep jewel rinses, rave-inspired neons and teal tones all being represented, it’s pretty safe to say that with green, anything goes! Read on for more helpful hints on going green.
It is important to note, before applying hair dye you need to properly prepare your hair for the best results.
Here is a basic ‘How To’ to get you started on your green hair colour adventure!
- Preparation – Depending on your natural hair colour and desired result, the preparation stages may vary. However, the first step for everyone is to make sure your hair is as strong and healthy as possible. Make sure you have been treating your hair with your favourite products including plenty of conditioner. If you intend to bleach your hair before applying dye this stage is especially important as bleach can weaken and dry out the hair.
- Bleaching – If you have naturally dark hair you may want to bleach it before applying colour in order to make the hair dye more visible. Always follow the instructions on the packet for bleach as timing and application can vary.
- Toning – If you would like to create an even shade this will remove any remaining natural highlights or lowlights in your hair to create a blank canvas.
These steps are not always necessary as it is now becoming more popular to match bright colours with natural tones but once you are happy with your bleaching and toning process you are ready to apply the green hair dye. Once you have completed your hair transformation we would love to see before and after pictures, so make sure to get sharing!