Hair Dye Styles
There are many different hair dye styles you can try at home or at a salon. If you are looking for guides on how to dye your hair at home then we have plenty of tips and tricks to help you get the perfect dye job yourself. If you are planning to dye your hair at home make sure to read the instructions on your hair dye and always perform and patch test. Find out more about how to dye your hair at home with our guides.
What are the different types of hair colouring techniques?
Some of the most popular hair colouring techniques are:
- Balayage: Light tips and natural highlights. This can also be created in reverse using darker tips.
- Ombre: Light tips to the hair. A reverse ombre uses darker tips graduating into lighter roots.
- Highlights: Adding lighter tones to the hair.
- Dip Dye: Dyeing only the ends of your hair.
- Two Tone: Dyeing your hair in two contrasting colours.
- Peek-a-boo: Dyeing the underlayers of your hair.
- Rainbow: Dyeing your hair multiple colours.
Some of these hair colour technique names are self-explanatory but for some styles, you need to look deeper into the origin of the word to understand their meaning. For example, Ombre comes for the word shaded in French and Balayage means to sweep in French. Find out more about these different types of technique in our ‘How To’ guides.
These are some of the most common types of hair dye styles but that doesn’t mean you can’t get creative and try out something unusual. Once you have the basic knowledge of how to dye hair, your imagination is the limit!
What Colour Should I Dye My Hair
Looking for hair colour ideas? Check out this article to help you choose your next hair dye.
How To Ombre Hair
Learn how to create a ombre hairstyle at home.
How To Highlight Your Hair
Learn how to highlight your hair at home.
How To Get Pastel Hair
Learn how to create a pastel hairstyle at home.
How To Dye Two Tone Hair
Learn how to create a two tone hairstyle at home.
How To Do Rainbow Hair
Learn how to create a rainbow hairstyle at home.
How To Dip Dye
Learn how to create a dip dye hairstyle at home.
How To Balayage Hair
Learn how to create a balayage hairstyle at home.