Acquista in base a...
I Più Venduti
There are many types of body piercing from the common ear lobe piercing to extreme modifications such as corset piercing. Please note Blue Banana does not perform some of the more extreme body piercings for health reasons but we do offer a huge range of piercings from the lip to the navel.
What are all the types of piercings?
The most common types of body piercings are:
- Ear Piercings: Includes Auricle, Anti-Tragus, Conch, Daith, Helix, Industrial / Scaffold, Lobe, Orbital, Pinna, Rook, Scapha / Flat, Snug / Anti-Helix, Spiral / Triple Helix, Lobe Stretching, Tragus.
- Oral Piercings: Includes Tongue, Smiley, Frowny, Web, and Venom.
- Lip Piercings: Angel Bites, Ashley, Canine Bites, Cyber Bites, Dahlia Bites, Dolphin Bites, Jestrum, Labret, Madonna, Medusa, Monroe, Shark Bites, Snake Bites, Spider Bites, Vertical Labret, and Viper Bites.
- Nose Piercings: Includes Bridge, Nostril, and Septum.
- Eyebrow Piercings: Pierced with a curved barbell, vertically through the eyebrow.
- Navel Piercings: Pierced with a curved barbell or navel bar, usually placed above the belly button.
- Nipple Piercings: A type of surface piercing that is placed horizontally across the nipple. It is not actually pierced through the nipple but on the surrounding areola.
- Surface Piercings: Piercings that only go through a small amount of skin with a barbell such as nape, collarbone, hip, hand, and wrist.
- Microdermal Piercings: A piercing that is performed with a microdermal plate that sits beneath the skin with a gem or dermal top visible.
- Genital Piercings: Female body piercings are most commonly placed on the labia and clitoral hood. Male body piercings have a range of placements including the popular Prince Albert Piercing.
- Cheek Piercings: A barbell through the cheek is designed to give the look of a dimple.
What piercing is most popular?
The results of our 2017 study of the most popular piercing ranked the top 10 in this order:
- Nose Piercing (Nostril)
- Lobe Ear Piercing
- Tragus Piercing
- Daith Piercing
- Belly Button Piercing (Navel)
- Nipple Piercing
- Helix Piercing
- Lip Piercing
- Scaffold Piercing (Industrial)
- Tongue Piercing
What parts of your body can you get pierced?
Extreme body piercing fans have pierced almost every part of the body but the most common parts of your body that you can get pierced are the ears, nose, lips, and eyebrow for facial piercings. Popular body piercings include the tongue, Smiley (frenulum), belly button, nipple, genitals, and surface piercings to the hip, collarbone, neck, hand, and wrist. Pierced body parts are becoming more popular.
What is the most painful piercing to get?
According to our customers, the top 10 most painful piercings to get are:
- Dermal Anchor
Want to see the full list of most painful piercings to get? Check out our blog, here.
What are basic body piercings?
For your first piercing, you may want to start with a basic piercing that is easy to look after and not too painful. Different types of popular first body piercings:
- Lobe Piercing
- Nose Piercing (nostril)
- Helix Piercing
- Second & Third Lobe Piercings
- Belly Button Piercing
- Daith Piercing
- Tragus Piercing
- Eyebrow piercing
Are piercings bad for your body?
Body piercings are not bad for your body if done by a professional piercer in a sterile environment. There is a small risk of getting an infection but this will only turn bad if you do not treat it and if you do not follow the correct aftercare. Choose a piercing that suits your anatomy and lifestyle. Piercings do sometimes migrate or reject and if this occurs it is important to remove the piercing if you do not want to be left with a bad scar. Consult your piercer before removing the jewellery or if you have any concerns or questions before or after getting a piercing.
Make sure to go to a reputable body piercing shop such as Blue Banana to ensure your piercer is experienced and is working in a sterile environment with sterile equipment.
What can you pierce?
There are many different piercing types which means you can pierce a huge range of places on the body. Cartilage piercings include ear and nose. Surface piercings are pierced through a small amount of skin and flesh. These include the eyebrow, navel, nipple, hip, neck, and hand. One of the most types of piercing is through soft flesh which includes ear lobe piercings and lip piercings. Inside your mouth, you can get your frenulum pierced which is the web of skin between the gums and mouth or under the tongue. The tongue piercing is also a popular choice to pierce.
How does it feel to get your cartilage pierced?
Getting your cartilage pierced will feel more painful than getting your lobe pierced. Many people describe a cartilage piercing as a sharp pain rather than an ache or pinch however the piercing will be done very quickly so it won’t feel painful for long. Ear cartilage piercings and nose piercings are usually performed with a needle but some piercers use a Stud Ex gun which is specially designed for cartilage piercing. Always make sure you see a professional piercer who uses the correct equipment as using a regular piercing gun can shatter the cartilage.
Need to know more about body piercing?
- Body Piercing Prices
- Body Piercing Jewellery
- Body Piercing Guide
Body piercings are a great way to express yourself and create a unique look that may help boost your confidence. Enjoy exploring your body jewellery options once your piercing has healed and be sure to visit a Blue Banana shop for your next piercing.