Spider Bites Piercing Jewellery
|Double piercing on one side of the bottom lip|
|Pierced With: Labret. Once Healed: Labret, Circular Barbell, BCR|
Temps de Guérison:
|16 with ID|
|£50.00 - £55.00|
Échelle de douleur:
The Spider bites piercing features two piercings close together on one side of the lip. Find our Spider bites piercing advice and jewellery tips by clicking below.
Spider Bites Piercing Jewellery
The Spider bites piercing is just one of the types of lip piercing you can get. With so many to choose from it can be hard to settle on which lip piercing you would like to get. Spider bite lip piercing is still considered to be an alternative lip piercing and can be adorned with dainty jewellery for a feminine look or badass spikes. Find out more about Spider Bites with our FAQs, below.
What is a Spider bite piercing?
A Spider Bite piercing features two piercings to the lip. The Spider Bites are placed next to each other, usually below the lower lip to one side. The Spider Bite piercing gets its name because the labret jewellery and position resembles a spider bite.
How do you clean a spider bite piercing?
To clean your Spider bite piercing use saltwater solution or Tea Tree Oil twice a day to gently bathe the outside of the piercing. Make sure to gently remove any fluid or crust using cotton wool. To clean the Spider bite piercing inside the mouth, swill a saltwater solution twice a day. You can also use a Saltwater or alcohol-free mouthwash to rinse your mouth after you have eaten to make sure there is no food stuck around the piercing. Do make sure to keep up with your cleaning routine until your Spider bite piercing is fully healed. Once your Spider bite piercing has healed, continue to ensure the inside of your piercing is free from any food build-up.
How bad do spider bite piercings hurt?
Spider bite piercings hurt as much as any other lip piercing. The pain is usually rated at a 4 out of 10 on the pain scale. This is certainly not one of the most painful piercings but it can hurt due to the extra nerve endings found in the lip. Lip piercing is usually very quick so it won’t feel bad for long. People do say that the piercing can be uncomfortable after due to swelling but this should reduce after a week.
How long does it take for a spider bite piercing to heal?
Spider Bites piercings typically take between 6-10 weeks to heal, providing the correct aftercare advice is followed. To make your healing time as fast and smooth as possible, just follow these simple steps:
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol because they could irritate the piercing and cause inflammation.
- Avoid eating spicy foods.
- Do not play with the piercing and only touch it with clean hands.
- Do not go swimming because it increases your risk of infection.
- Brush your teeth with a soft bristled toothbrush and avoid mouthwash that contains alcohol.
- Use cotton balls/gauze pads with a salt water solution to soak your piercing twice a day during initial healing.
- Avoid using any cosmetics, oils and creams in this area.
- Do not remove or change the jewellery until your piercing has healed.
How much does it cost to get spider bites?
Spider bites piercing costs an average of £50 - £55. It does cost more than some other types of lip piercing because you will be getting two piercings in one. The price can vary depending on the piercing jewellery you choose. Once you have decided on getting a Spider bites piercing, make sure to choose an experienced piercer to ensure your safety rather than focusing on the price.
Do spider bite piercings ruin your teeth?
Spider bite piercings do have the potential to damage your teeth. Spider bite piercings can ruin your teeth if the labret bar is too long and rubs against the teeth and gums. This can cause the enamel on the tooth to wear away or for the tooth to get chipped. Look out for any signs of redness or recession of the gums as these are signs that your piercing could be causing damage. To stop your spider bite from ruining your teeth choose small piercing jewellery and maintain good oral hygiene. If you think your lip piercing is starting to ruin your teeth make sure to consult your piercer for advice.
What can I eat after getting a spider bite piercing?
After getting a spider bite piercing, you will need to be careful while eating. If you can, eat soft cold food to help soothe your piercing and reduce swelling. Avoid spicy and sticky foods as these can re-open the wound and get stuck around the piercing. Hard and crunchy foods can also irritate the piercing wound so make sure to take small bites and chew slowly when eating.
What can I drink after getting a spider bite piercing?
After getting a spider bite piercing, you should drink plenty of cold water as this will help the swelling. Some people also like to suck on small ice cubes to help soothe the piercing wound. After getting any lip piercing, including Spider bites, you cannot drink alcohol, carbonated drinks, or sugary drinks as these can all slow down healing and cause problems with your piercing. Some people prefer to avoid hot drinks and milk but you can drink these if you want to. Once your spider bite piercing has fully healed you can go back to drinking these drinks.
Can you kiss someone with a lip piercing?
You can kiss someone with a lip piercing but you may need to wait until it has fully healed. Waiting for the piercing to heal before kissing is important because if you kiss someone with a fresh lip piercing you can introduce bacteria into the piercing wound which could result in an infection. The good news is most lip piercings are fully healed after 2-3 months so you won’t need to wait long.
Already got healed spider bites piercings? Check out our range of spider bite piercing jewellery to see all the different labret and BCR designs you could try.
Want to know more about piercing at Blue Banana? Check out more of our lip piercing articles or learn tips and tricks from our Piercing Guides.
- Spider Bite Piercing
- Bar Spider Bite Piercing Rings
- Spider Bite Piercing Jewellery
- Jewellery Size – Make sure to find out from your piercer the size your Spider bite piercing jewellery should be.
- Jewellery Material – piercing materials differ not only through their look but also how they could react to your skin. If you have sensitive skin that is prone to irritation, one of the many Titanium jewellery options is recommended. This material comes in a variety of colours and is durable too!
- Gauge – this is the thickness of the jewellery itself.
- Diameter – the width across the widest point of the jewellery for hoops and rings.
- Length – the length of the piercing bar, usually not including the ball.
- Find Your Local BB Studio
- Age Restrictions & Prices
- Aftercare & Cleaning
- Piercing Size & Gauge Guide
- Inserting, Changing & Removing Jewellery
- Piercing Pain: The Ultimate Guide
- Piercing At Blue Banana
- Piercing Laws Around the UK