One of the boldest colours in the hair colour chart, blue hair dye can help you to totally transform your look. A hugely popular style, this bright hair look is sure to evoke some blue sky thinking when it comes to your hair. Getting a totally temporary blue hair colour can unlock a whole new style and certainly a whole new you! Don’t hold yourself back; be brave, be bold and try out a brand new blue hue.
You’ve seen the celebrities try out blue hair, so why can’t you? With our selection of bright hair dyes from some of the boldest hair dye brands out there, it’s never been so easy to bag your own hair colour transformation. When you shop hair dye online with us, you can choose between the best blue hair dye brands as well as a huge ocean of colours and shades.
Kick Off Your Blue Hair Dye Transformation
From awesome aqua shades to nautical navy hues, the possibilities are endless once you’ve decided to get dyed blue hair. Before you splatter some gorgeous colour on your hair, there’s always time to consider ‘which blue are you’? Check out our full range of blue colour dye for hair to find the shade which exactly compliments your complexion, style and your standout personality!
- Royal Blue Hair Dye – definitely designed to add a touch of sophistication to your style, you’ll feel like royalty after a dose of this shade. A touch darker than azure, an application of the Royal Blue Stargazer hair dye is sure to make you feel more regal than ever before!
- Midnight Blue Hair Colour – consider yourself the dark and mysterious type? We have plenty of dark blue hair dyes to satisfy all of your navy hair dye needs. This darker tone is sure to stand out over most natural colours, but you should always check the guides before you dye.
- Baby Blue Pastel Hair – soft and gentle pastel tones are always a welcome sight in any alternative hair look. If you want to try out a lighter look, then indulge in the Manic Panic Creamtones range or even some Crazy Color Blue Jade hair dye.
If you’re stuck between a bold blue and a plump purple, perhaps a gorgeous indigo hair dye could be your ultimate happy medium. Some styles such as Stargazer’s Ultra Blue or even La Riche’s Neon Blue will add a pinch of purple to your new blue hair style.
We think blue hair dye looks especially gorgeous on those with dark hair. The blend of darker tones and blues creates a stunning midnight sky style. It brings out the natural shine in your dark locks. If you are looking for blue hair dye for dark hair, then be sure to browse our range. If you have naturally dark hair you may need to bleach your hair first for best colour results.
One of the most sought after styles has to be the blue black hair look. As both colours lend themselves to mixing and reflecting one another, many try out this combination just to give a hint of colour to their naturally darker locks. Choosing to put hair dyed blue into your darker curls can just add a little dash of unexpected colour which saves going for the full hair dye job.
Here at Blue Banana, it wouldn’t go amiss to say that we’re a little biased towards everything blue! If you’re stuck for blue hair dye ideas, make sure to browse the full collection of dyes. There’s sure to be crisp blue shade or a jewelled sapphire tone that you’ll fall in love with. Plus; dozens of stunning shades available, no matter what kind of blue dye you’re searching for, you can be sure to find it here! Our unbeatable selection includes:
- Pastel Blue
- Steel Blue
- Electric Blue
- Neon Blue
- Midnight Blue
- Dark Blue
Blue Hair Colouring To Fall in Love With
We’re always excited to talk about the bright hair colours, but it’s equally as important to consider the ins-and-outs of the home hair dye process. Whilst your hair will make a perfect canvas for a brand new blue colour, it’s always important to look after it. Healthy dyed hair always looks more vibrant and fresh, so it’s certainly worth sticking to some of our hair dye golden rules:
- Read the instructions. Simple but often overlooked, the instructions included with your new pot of blue dye should be your ultimate guide, especially if you’re new to dyeing your hair at home.
- Always keep your hair healthy. Conditioning, gentle washing and careful drying are all essential in maintaining a high quality of hair; making your new locks feel and look all kinds of amazing.
- Check Your Suitability. As well as working out if your hair may need bleaching or toning, make sure the blue colour will cover any natural colours before you try it.
- Patch Testing. We always recommend performing a patch test before applying dye. Even seasoned dye hards should perform a patch test when trying new colours or brands.
The Best Blue Hair Dye Brands
Love crazy colours but don’t want to commit to something long-term? Then you’re in the right place! We’ve got a phenomenal selection of semi permanent dyes in a dazzling array of blue shades, so you can get the temporary colour fix of your dreams.
Our blue hair dye semi permanent is designed to give a splash of colour for a short term effect. Some of our products can last up to 8 weeks, which allows for a couple months of vibrant and bold blue locks. The beauty of temporary colour rather than permanent blue hair dye is that it can be gentler with the hair during application and use. It will mean more regular colour top-ups; but that also means there’s even more chance to experiment with new colours and shades.
As well as our semi-permanent options, there are plenty of chalks, gels and blue hair dye wash out options available in our range. Perfect for parties, raves and costumes each of these blue hair colourants could even act as a tester to see if blue does work for you. Easy to apply and even easier to remove, if you’re searching for wash out hair dye, these short term colours are an ideal option
There are just too many brands to choose from when it comes to our range. As well as blue hair dye Splat, we have plenty of beautiful blues from the likes of:
- Manic Panic
- Herman’s Amazing Hair Colour
- La Riche Directions
- Crazy Color
All of these awesome best hair dye brands offer high-quality dyes which not only allow for stunning transformation, but are kind and gentle to your hair. Made from the very best ingredients, you can find hair dyes that are ammonia and PPD free as well as being Vegan friendly! We want you to be kind to your hair condition as well as hair aesthetic, so make sure you buy a top of the range quality product from our Blue Banana best blue hair dye range.