THE ELEVEN COMMANDMENTS:
1. Always perform a strand test and patch test before using hair dye.
2. Perform a strand test before mixing Manic Panic Colours! This is the best way to see how the colour will develop and what your resultant shade will be!
3. Always wear a pair of protective gloves when dying.
4. Avoid petroleum jelly or conditioner around your hairline to prevent staining your skin.
5. Wear old clothes you don’t mind getting stained and messy.
6. Manic Panic Flashlightning Kit works best on hair that hasn’t been washed for several days – your body’s natural oils will help hydrate it.
7. Place newspaper or towels around where you’re dyeing to protect surfaces from staining.
8. Use mirrors both in front and behind you if you're applying Manic Panic hair dye without assistance.
9. Rinse your hair in the sink rather than in the shower to avoid staining the grout or the fixtures in your bathtub/shower cubicle.
10. Always use cold water when rinsing out Manic Panic hair dye.
11. It’s recommended you don’t wash your hair with shampoo or conditioner for at least a week after dyeing.