Plum Hair Dye
Thinking of trying plum hair dye and want to know a little more about it? Hereís a quick tour of all our style know-how, colour knowledge and application tips and tricks to get you started with plum purple hair dye.
Choosing the right hair colour can be a difficult decision. Itís particularly risky because itís not as simple as changing your hairstyle where if it doesnít look right you can just play around with it until you find a style that does.
We always think the first step is to get some real colour inspiration. Plenty of stars and celebs have enjoyed trying out everything from deep purple to burgundy plum hair colour. Stars like Justine Skye rocked a ripe plum tone to the Vogue Fashion Awards and stole the show, as well as Vivica A. Fox who went all out with a head of tumbling sangria-soaked curls.
Even stars such as Jamie King, Nicole Richie, Irene Kim and Missy Elliot have dabbled with plum ombre, balayage and highlights Ė so whatís to stop you from having a go?
The next (and possibly most exciting step) is to look for the shade of plum hair colour dye that will work the best for you. Here are some great colours to choose from:
- La Riche Directions Plum Semi-Permanent Hair Dye: This purple hair dye is really bold! If you are the eccentric type then this definitely is for you. Itís a great colour for people with hazel or brown eyes and it also looks really good with a cool skin tone.
- Stargazer Eggplant Semi-Permanent Hair Dye: Eggplant might not be your favourite thing to eat but itís got a great colour to it. It looks good with all eye colours but works best with cool and olive skin tones.
- Manic Panic Fuchsia Shock High Voltage Semi-Permanent Hair Dye: This colour is high on our list for plum hair dye semi permanent. It looks great with hazel or blue eyes and a warm skin tone.
- La Riche Directions Lilac Semi-Permanent Hair Dye: This colour has a strong rose-gold undertone which places it at the warmer end of the colour spectrum. This colour looks really awesome on people with olive and warm skin tones no matter what eye colour you have.
- Manic Panic Plum Passion High Voltage Semi-Permanent Hair Dye: If you are looking for a subtle but cool colour, this is for you. This colour blends well with black hair making it the perfect plum hair dye for dark hair. If you have an olive skin tone this colour will look superb on you no matter what eye colour you have.
- Splat Sugar Plum Temporary Hair Colour Chalk: This colour is a blend of both cool and warm tones. However, the dominant rose-gold undertone pairís best with light eyes and a warm skin tone. This is the perfect red violet hair colour.
Do It Yourself: How to Get Plum Hair
There are endless options for plum hair dye, the plum colour comes in so many different shades that it is called everything from violet, to burgundy to purple. If you donít want to dye your hair permanently, you can always use a semi-permanent plum hair dye. If you are brave enough to go permanent, you need to remember that the undertones will be red and it will start to fade very quickly. With a bit of creativity and proper care you can keep your hair looking vibrant and healthy, here are some great tips to assist you:
- Wait for 2 days: After you have coloured your hair, wait for two days before washing it.
- Donít wash your hair too much: Wash your hair two to three times per week.
- Colour safe dry shampoo: On the days that you donít wash your hair use a colour safe dry shampoo.
- Wear a shower cap: When you are not washing your hair, wear a shower cap in the shower to keep your hair from getting wet.
Donít forget to take extra care of your locks with your new purple hair dye. You want to avoid your hair become damaged, dry and frizzy so make sure you condition and treat it well and get regular trims or cuts.
Your skin tone plays a big part in choosing the right plum purple hair dye. One way of checking your skin tone is to go out into the daylight and look at the inside of your arms. If your veins are purple or blue, your skin tone is cool. If your veins are green, you have a warm skin tone.
Eye Colour is equally as important when it comes to picking the perfect new hair colour for you. We have plenty of suggested matches ready and waiting if youíre considering plum dye. Hazel eyes are always sure to look good with a wide range of deep plum hair colour regardless of the tone of your eyes. Plum colours with a warm undertone look best on people who have blue and grey eyes.
As you can see there are plenty of shades and styles to choose from within plum hair dye so you are sure to be able to find the perfect purple shade for you. With a little bit of care, your hair will look healthy, shiny and gorgeously plum. If you have never dyed your hair at home, you can see that it isnít as scary and difficult as you thought so dare to try something new this year.