Lilac Hair Dye
Lilac Hair Dye
Do you love pastel purple shades? Want something that can totally transform your mane into a vibrant sea of sweetness? Then you’re sure to love our amazing collection of lilac hair color!
Perfect for adding a splash of subtle candy colour to your hair, our range of best lilac hair dye is guaranteed to transform your ‘do in an instant, so why not step over to the light side and add some candy coloured magic to your tresses?
Lush Lilac Hair Tips
In recent years, lilac hair has become an incredibly popular colour choice, with celebrity fashionistas including Katy Perry, Kelly Osbourne and Nicole Richie all favouring lilac hair colour. Plus, with soft shades of violet, lavender and smokey lilac all rocking the fashion world, there’s never been a better or trendier time to try out a pastel purple shade.
From lavender hair dye to pale purple and heather hued rinses, there’s a little something to suit all hair types, tastes and budgets. Plus, we even have 100% vegan and cruelty free dyes on offer, so you can achieve your ideal look without compromising on your ethics. Pretty amazing, right? Well, it doesn’t stop there! Not only do we stock totally temporary hair chalks, but we’ve got a huge array of different types of lilac hair dye from a whole host of amazing brands, including:
- Crazy Color
- La Riche Directions
- Manic Panic
With such a phenomenal selection of lilac hair dye semi permanent available, you don’t need to search high and low for the best lilac hair dye on the market, we’ve got it all under one roof! If you aren’t ready for lilac hair dye permanent then temporary colour can be a great way to test the waters. If you love your new colour you can always come back for more but if you prefer to be a hair chameleon then why not choose hair dyes that wash out.
Achieving the Perfect Shade Of Pastel Lilac Hair Dye
The key to achieving the shiniest locks is in the preparation. Here are our top tips for ensuring your hair is prepped for the hair dyeing process:
- Firstly, it’s important to remember that in order to achieve the prettiest pastel purple result possible you should apply your chosen lilac hair dye to hair that’s been pre-lightened to a level 9 or 10. Pastel dyes are designed for application on white or blonde hair, so if you’re a redhead or brunette, you’ll have to reach for the bleach in order to get a proper pastelised look. The lighter your hair is, the truer the colour result you’ll achieve!
- Secondly, it’s essential to use toner on your hair to remove any brassy tones. This preparatory step will mean that your hair has an even and light base shade, making it a better ‘canvas’ for applying your lilac hair colour onto.
- Lastly, make sure that you’ve had any dead or split ends snipped off and that you’ve used a nourishing intensive conditioner to rehydrate your locks.
Once you’ve got your hair looking and feeling gorgeous, it’s time to apply your lilac hair dye! Remember to read the instructions for each brand as timings and application advice will vary. For example, a lilac hair dye manic panic may be different from Crazy Color. Whether you’re a novice or a dab hand at colouring your locks, your hair will only look as good as your application technique. If you want a salon-worthy, neat result, make sure you follow our pastel dye application guide:
- Comb your hair and part on your preferred side. Next, apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly around your hairline and in and around your ears to prevent staining. Wash your hands, then pop on a pair of disposable gloves to keep your hands protected.
- Using a tint brush, begin to apply colour to the roots of your hair, beginning at your parting. Using the end of the tint brush, section your hair every inch or so and apply colour to both sides of the section. Work in one direction all the way to your ear, then go back and do the other side.
- Once the roots are done, begin to apply colour to your hairline, beginning in the middle and working around the head until you reach your starting point. Make sure you apply the colour with a steady hand, as dye drips aren’t a great look!
- Now it’s time to colour the lengths! Work in sections and bring the dye down through your hair, working from root to tip until each section is fully saturated with dye. Repeat until you have full head coverage, then pop on a plastic development cap to trap the heat in and speed up the development process.
- Allow the colour to develop for the time stated on the dye packaging, then remove the cap and rinse the colour out using cool water. Once the hair is free of dye, you can dry and style as normal.
And there you have it, our complete guide to getting a stunning result with lilac hair dye! No matter whether you opt for a solid application, a lilac hair ombre look or a two tone style such as lilac and silver hair, you can be sure to achieve pastel perfection with our gorgeous range of lilac hair color dyes!