Copper Hair Dye
Copper Hair Dye
Silver, gold, rose gold. Metallic hair colour shades are the latest trend, but you havenít seen a stunning metallic shade of hair colour until youíve seen copper hair colour. There are so many hues with this metallic tone of red, from a passionate fiery flame to a passive sunset. Regardless of how you choose to wear your copper hair dye, one thing is for certain; you will never be sidelined or overlooked again! You will certainly be the center of attention. So letís take a look at how you can transform your hair from dull to vibrant right in the comfort of your own home.
Getting The Copper Hair Look
If you are on a budget and you canít afford a salon trip to get the copper red hair colour treatment youíve been dreaming about, not to worry there is help at hand. Here are some step by step instructions provided by professionals in the industry to assist you in applying your new copper hair colour. To begin with, you will have to gather some tools to make your hair dye treatment as simple as possible. You should have most if not all of these items at home, if not, they will only cost you a couple of dollars to purchase.
- Some copper hair colour dye
- Colour safe shampoo
- Colour safe conditioner
- Hair tinting brush
- Shower cap
- Hair dye brush
- Rubber gloves
- Bleaching kit
- Hair brush
- Old t-shirt
How to Apply
- Things are going to get messy so wear an old T-shirt.
- Get your hair ready by brushing out all the tangles and knots.
- Divide your hair into 4 sections by parting it horizontally and vertically.
- Roll up each section and clip it into place, leave one front section out, you will start by dying this part first.
- Protect your skin from stains by applying the Vaseline on your ears and around your hairline.
- Put your rubber gloves on.
- Bleach your hair according to the instructions on the bleaching kit.
- Get your copper hair colour ready by following the instructions provided on the box.
- Apply the copper hair colour to half inch sections at a time; use the tint brush to apply the dye from the ends throughout the full length of your hair. Leave a gap of one inch between your hair and scalp.
- Use your middle and index fingers to massage the hair dye into your hair.
- Repeat the process throughout all four sections of your hair.
- Put a shower cap on for the length of time specified in the instructions.
- Once the time is up, rinse the copper hair colour out of your hair until the water runs clear.
- After an hour, shampoo and condition your hair using the colour safe products.
Hair Dyeing Tips
- Buy two boxes of our best copper hair colour, the last thing you want is to run out half way through the process. If you have got long or thick hair, it is advised that you buy two boxes.
- Do a strand test. Yes, we know that you are really excited about dyeing your hair but you wonít be so happy when your beloved copper brown hair colour turns out looking like swamp water! Do a strand test on an underneath section of your hair (about ľ of an inch) so you can hide it if the colour doesnít turn out the way you expected.
- If the colour is different after the strand test or youíre adding copper hair dye for dark hair, consider bleaching before adding the copper hair colour. We recommend leaving the bleached hair for a few days before adding the additional hair dye.
- Donít use the bottle in the box. Since you are aiming for a salon finish, squeezing dye straight onto your hair isnít going to do the trick. Instead, pretend like youíre a colourist, mix the dye in a bowl and use a colour brush for the application. We have a range of brushes and bowls available on our website.
- If you just want to add a few highlights, use a clean mascara wand or a clean toothbrush and apply the dye where the sun would normally hit your hair, this is generally on the tips and around your face. This will give you great natural looking highlights.
- Colour works best on dirty hair, the colour will penetrate the strands better so donít wash your hair for 24 to 48 hours prior to applying the colour.
Copper and The Stars
Copper and its many shades have been a classic showstopper for decades. But it takes a special kind of woman to pull it off in style and confidence. Here are some of your favourite stars who know how to rock a killer copper do.
- Christina Hendricks: The stunning Mad Men star rocks her red locks like a true vixen.
- Lydi Hurst: Sports a subtle but elegant ginger colour in loose locks.
- Alison Hannigan: Ever since her Buffy days, her flaming copper red hair colour has continued to bewitch us.
- Rachel Evan: Stepped out of her fiancé's dark shadow with her copper penny hair colour.
- Jayma Mays: The Glee sweetheart keeps her copper shade in meticulous form.
- Marcia Cross: Looks flawless in her pure copper curls.
- Rose McGowan: Usually a brunette, but this beauty can handle a bright and rusty shade.
- Olivia Grant: Knows how to dress up her delightful coppery hair curls.
- Reni Lane: Her copper tresses have us green with envy.
- Tori Amos: Always gives us an eyeful with her flame coloured locks.
Experimenting with hair colour is great; since there are so many shades of copper hair colour, why not try them all to see which one suits you the best? With the help of our dyes, you can find the perfect copper dyed hair for you. Now that you are ready to trade in your blonde or brunette mane for a shade of copper, why not check out www.dyemyhair.com you are guaranteed to find what you need here because thereís someth