Showing 11 products
Mint Green Hair Dye
Many people find green a difficult colour to wear but when mint green hair dye is styled properly, it is incredibly flattering and always makes you stand out from the crowd in the best way possible.
From refreshing peppermint blue-green colours to pale pastel greens, thereís many mint green hair colours to choose from. Mint hair dye is popular with celebrities. Do you remember when these celebs first stepped out in mint green shades?
- All-over colour: Itís no surprise that style queen Lady Gaga has had lush pastel green hair in the past. Her all-over mint green hair colour in 2012 was similar to Crazy Colorís Peppermint shade (read more below) and looked absolutely gorgeous.
- Dip dye: Kylie Jenner has rocked a deep, minty green dip dye style in her shoulder length hair. Itís a timeless look that combines her natural, dark hair with a minty, blue-green shade. Dip dyeing the ends of your hair alleviates the need to cover up roots too!
- Stripes and streaks: No-one does punk, bright, minty green hair streaks better than Avril Lavigne. By dyeing the feathered front pieces of hair Avril achieves a fresh, bright mint green hair colour that complements her usual long blonde locks.
Mint Green Dye Shades
If youíre not ready to take the plunge and go for one of the semi-permanent pastel green hair dyes, itís best to try some funky green hair chalks and paints that will wash out after just one wear. Bear in mind, however, that youíll not get a great colour on dark hair unless you bleach it first.
Dark, mint green hair colours can be both pastel and deep depending on the brand and colour you buy. Think of dark, forest greens that feel minty, deep and full. You may still need to bleach your hair to get a full colour, but you can also try just dark shades on-top of your natural colours to give a minty hair tint instead.
Light shades like peppermint, turquoise and teal mint green hair dyes work best when your hair is bleached to 10 on the lightness scale, as even a hint of your natural colour could ruin the overall look. Pale colours look fab as a full-coverage colour or combined with darker shades to create an ombre effect.
Blue-Green shades can also give that minty hue on their own or in an ombre effect. You might find these easier to match with your fashion style than a bright, fluorescent mint green hair dye due to the blue tones.
Best Mint Green Hair Dyes
There are many different, great brands offering a huge variety of hair dye shades but which offer the best mint green hair dye? Weíve selected a few of the best from each top brand below. Thereís sure to be a minty green shade for everyone.
- Crazy Color: The Crazy Color Peppermint shade is the ultimate, super sweet pastel mint green hair dye. Itís very light so make sure you bleach your hair before applying the dye. If you are aiming for a blue-green colour try Crazy Colorís Pine Green shade which has the same tones as Peppermint but is darker. Lime Twist is also a lovely green colour from Crazy Color thatís more reminiscent of spearmint!
- Manic Panic: Sea Nypmh is a pastel shade of hair dye from Manic Panic. Itís a little darker than Crazy Colorís Peppermint shade but still very pastel pretty. For a little darker colour, take a look at Manic Panicís Green Envy shade. We recommend pre-lightening your hair to level 10 to get the best colour from Manic Panicís dyes.
- La Riche Directions: For bright green hair dyes that are more vivid than your usual pastel hair dye, take a look at La Riche Directions Turquoise or Spring Green shades. These semi-permanent hair dye colours can last up to 6 weeks (follow our mint green hair tips below to make it last as long as possible) and are bright but not too fluorescent. With a little expert mixing these could be beautiful pastel shades.
- Splat: The Deep Emerald shade from Splat is much darker than most mint green hair dyes but still very minty in a fresh-looking way. If thatís not your style, Splat have a light yellow-green pastel hair chalk you can try to test out yellow tones!
Mint Green Hair Tips
To dye your hair mint green like a pro, make sure you follow these simple doís and doníts. If youíve got dark or auburn hair, itís especially important to bleach your hair in advance so that your pastel mint green shades really shine!
- Do prepare your hair before bleaching it by using protein-rich, keratin products. Keep your hair strong and clean before bleaching and tone your hair afterwards to ensure that your natural hair colours donít affect the results of your dye.
- Do test the bleach and hair dye 48 hours before you dye your hair. Watch carefully to ensure you arenít allergic.
- Do read all the instructions carefully on the bleach and dye box so you know what youíre doing.
- Donít assume that youíre safe to dye your hair straight away if youíve had pastel mint green hair before. Always run a test patch every time you dye your hair, 48 hours in advance.
- Donít continue using your normal hair products once your hair is dyed. You need to use colour preserving products that will stop the pastel green hair dye colours fading quickly.
- Donít mix up mint green dye colours without testing them first so you know what shade of green youíll end up with. Also, donít mix different hair dye brands/chemicals.
- Our mint green hair tips should be all you need to achieve a beautiful shade of mint green regardless of your natural hair colour. Discover the best mint green hair dye shade and pave the way to a new, more confident you!