Medium Brown Hair Dye
If you’ve been dying your hair crazy colors for a while, you’ve probably felt nostalgic for your natural medium brown hair color. Or, maybe you’re a blonde looking to go to the dark side for a change. Whatever your motivations, there are plenty of reasons why brown is anything but boring.
- Less Upkeep: Probably one of the top reasons for choosing a medium brown hair color is because it is low maintenance. If you’re a natural brunette, going back to your roots will mean less color touch ups and less damage. Plus, by buying one medium brown hair dye you’ll save yourself the need to buy more in the future, meaning you have more money to spend on other things!
- Mask Damage: Not only does brown hair mean less damage, it can help you mask any damage you already have. Lots of people report that medium brown hair looks healthier and it’s true. You might know someone whose dyed their straw like blonde locks brown and then their hair suddenly looked full of life.That’s because the light reflects off the surface of dark hair, making it look nourished and beautiful.
- Shinier: Medium brown hair has so much more shine than light colors. If you want your hair to look reflective and extra healthy, we recommend using a natural medium brown hair dye.
- Sexier: Brunette hair oozes sophistication and sex appeal. Although blonde bombshells often get all the attention, something has to be said for the mystery that lies in a classy brunette.
- Choice: Brown isn’t just brown. There are so many brown hair dye shades to choose from. Maybe you prefer a caramel hair color or a sweet shade of chocolate brown. Whatever you choose, you can be sure of a look that’s anything but bitter.
Still need more inspiration? If we can’t convince you then let these famous brunettes do the talking!
- Audrey Hepburn: In an age of blonde starlets on the silver screen, Audrey Hepburn’s luscious espresso locks added to her allure. The Breakfast at Tiffany’s star defines class and we think her gorgeous hair color has something to do with it.
- Alexa Chung: Alexa Chung is the queen of effortless chic. Whether she’s sporting Hunter wellies, Breton striped t-shirts or staying true to her natural medium brown hair color, she knows exactly what suits her. Her signature tousled chocolate locks are the ultimate #hairgoals.
- Keira Knightley: Keira Knightley’s known for playing both sides of the blonde/brunette fence. With her fair, rosy complexion, she can pull both looks off gorgeously but her features pop just that little bit more on her chocolatey brunette days.
- Elizabeth Taylor: The defining brunette, Elizabeth Taylor’s iconic rich brown pin curls ooze Hollywood glamour. Like Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor proved that brown hair can reign supreme in a time of blonde beauties.
- Angelina Jolie: Angelina Jolie’s lush dark locks, piercing blue eyes and plump pink lips have stolen many hearts- on and off the screen. If there’s one brunette we couldn’t imagine going to the light side, it has to be her!
How to Match your Makeup to your Medium Brown Hair Color
You might not realise it, but a change of hair color often requires a change in makeup routine, too. The makeup looks that suited you when your hair was blonde, pink or green might not look great with medium brown hair. The good news is there are plenty of new makeup looks you can experiment with after using a medium brown hair dye.
- Use More Color: one of the greatest things about dark hair is just how versatile it is. Most makeup shades suit dark hair, so you can have lots of fun experimenting with different makeup looks.
- Go for Rich Colors: While blondes might love frosted pink lip colors or coral on their cheeks, brunettes might find that these pale shades wash them out. Instead, choose rich and deep colors which complement your medium brown hair color.
- Choose Reds Carefully: As a general rule of thumb, brunettes should stick to blue/red hued lipsticks that compensate for the lack of cool tones in their hair. Too many warm colors can end up looking over the top.
- Face Framing Brows: One of the biggest tell-tale signs of an unnatural hair color is mismatching eyebrows. These days, it’s easy to match your eyebrows to your medium brown hair color through micro blading, tinting or simply using an eyebrow pencil.
Brown Hair Dye Shades
So, you’ve decided to dye your hair brown? You might think that all the big decisions have ended but, let’s be honest, they haven’t even begun! There are so many different shades of brown hair dye shades to choose from, but we’re sure you’ll find the perfect color to suit you.
A subtle caramel hair color is the perfect marriage between sweet honey tones and rich chocolate. If you’re going from blonde to brown and aren’t ready to take the full plunge, this is a great way to dip your toes in. There are plenty of light brown hair dyes to choose from here at Blue Banana, that will help you achieve this look.
Chocolate brown is a deep, strong and dark shade that oozes mystery and glamour. This shade looks great on most brunettes, but we suggest that natural blondes use a filler color like gold or bronze to compensate for the lack of warm tones in their hair.
Chestnut brown is a warm and cosy shade that’s perfect for a new Autumn look. If you plan to achieve this look using a natural medium brown hair dye, keep an eye out for words like "warm”, "roasted” and "auburn” on the box.
So, if you’re ready to take the plunge into a brand new medium brown hair color, we hope that this has given you some inspiration. With so much choice and gorgeous colors, brown is anything but boring!