How To Get Pastel Hair: A DIY Guide
Want to channel your inner unicorn and rock a head of lush, pastel locks? Want to experiment with one of the hottest hair trends of the decade? Then maybe it's time to try your hand at DIY pastel hair, it's easier than you think!
You can Pastel-ize any colour, but these are some of our favourites:
Here’s How To Get Pastel Hair
|1 x Manic Panic Virgin Snow||1 x Semi Permanent Hair Colour|
|1 x Manic Panic Pastel-izer||1 x Pair Of Gloves|
|Petroleum Jelly||1 x Brush|
|1 x Mixing Bowl||1 x Comb|
First Things First, Pre-Lightening
2. Rinse the lightener out with shampoo and warm water, but do not use conditioner.
3. Dry your hair completely.
4. Tone your hair with Amplified Manic Panic Virgin Snow. This will neutralize any orange or yellow tones in your hair and create a white base. Your hair needs to be completely white so you achieve the right effect.
5. Leave the Virgin Snow Dye on for at least an hour or until your hair is white enough. Rinse out with cool water and dry it completely.
Now To Create Your Pastel Colour Mix
6. Mix equal parts Manic Panic Pastel-izer and your chosen colour together until you achieve the desired shade. Make sure you only add a little colour at a time, add too much and the pastel-izer won't work!
7. Perform a strand test to check you have the right colour and it looks the way you want it. Getting the right colour may take some trial and error.
Easy Right? Finally Apply The Colour To Your Hair
10. Allow to process for 1 hour, although the longer you leave the dye in the more it will absorb and hydrate your hair. Use a hair dryer for 5 to 10 minutes for best results.
11. After you have the desired colour, rinse out the Manic Panic Hair Colour out with cool water and keep rinsing until the water runs clear.