|Lobe of the ear|
|Lobe Earring/Stud, Lobe Hoop/Ring|
|14 with ID / 5 with Parents|
|£40.00 - £45.00|
The lobe piercing is one of the most common and is many people’s first piercing since it can be done from the age of 5. Find our lobe ear piercing advice and jewellery tips by clicking below.
Looking to get a lobe ear piercing? Use our store locator to find your local Blue Banana Studio. There’s no need to book an appointment; you can simply go to the store of your choice and be pierced on the day.
Please ensure that you have checked the ear piercing age restriction before coming to store. In a Blue Banana studio, the lobe piercing age restriction is 14 (ID may be required) or 5 with parental consent from a parent or guardian who is present.
Once you’re all booked in, you will have some forms to fill out. A member of Blue Banana staff will go through the steps and can help you pick out jewellery. Then the piercer will give you a quick consultation and briefing before discussing the lobe piercing location.
The piercing site is cleaned thoroughly and marked with a pen first so you can check that you are happy with the location.
The lobe piercing has one of the quickest healing times of any piercing due to passing through flesh rather than cartilage. It takes just 6 – 8 weeks to heal so with great aftercare you should have no problems.
During the healing process, there are some activities you will want to avoid such as sleeping on your new piercing and swimming. Take care not to catch your new piercing jewellery and keep up with your aftercare.
Clean your lobe piercing twice a day with salt water solution or Tea Tree Oil by gently bathing it using cotton wool.
While it is important to ensure your general ear hygiene is first rate, it is also advisable to avoid using soap on your new piercing so be sure to take extra care while washing your ears and removing ear wax.
If you would like further information, make sure to read our full Piercing Aftercare Guides to learn about side effects to look out for.
There’s plenty of options when it comes to lobe piercing jewellery from Blue Banana. Some popular styles include:
- Ear Lobe Studs
- Ear Lobe Rings
- Ear Lobe Hoops
We tend to recommend choosing a stud for the first few months of having your lobe piercing as this will reduce the chance of it getting caught. Once your piercing is fully healed there are other styles of jewellery such as a ring. It is vital for the healing process that you remain patient and don’t change your jewellery until your piercer has advised you to do so.
When choosing your piercing jewellery there are a few things you should consider:
- Jewellery Size – everyone’s ears are different sizes, so make sure to pick lobe jewellery that sits just right in your ear. If you are wearing a ring in your ear you will want to make sure it fits snugly. Make sure you also find out what gauge you have been pierced with.
- Jewellery Material – piercing materials differ not only through their look but also how they could react to your skin. Surgical steel is a common material for earrings but you can also try out silver or gold jewellery.
- Gauge – this is the thickness of the jewellery itself. Most lobe piercings are 0.8mm/20ga.
When searching for a piece of jewellery make sure you know your measurements. For lobe jewellery, the measurements describe the gauge of the item in millimetres. Jewellery with gemstones will sometimes include the size of the stone too. Some people find it best to choose a plain stud during the healing process as this makes cleaning much easier and quicker.
- Find Your Local BB Studio
- Age Restrictions & Prices
- Aftercare & Cleaning
- Piercing Size & Gauge Guide
- Inserting, Changing & Removing Jewellery
- Piercing Pain: The Ultimate Guide
- Piercing At Blue Banana
- Piercing Laws Around the UK