|Nub of ear cartilage opposite the tragus, directly above the earlobe|
|BCR, Circular Barbell, Curved Barbell, Seamless Rings|
|16 with ID / 13 with Parents|
|£35.00 - £40.00|
An anti tragus piercing is an ear piercing that is placed on the triangular cartilage ridge above the earlobe. Find our anti tragus piercing advice and jewellery tips by clicking below.
Anti Tragus Piercing Jewellery
Looking for somewhere to get your anti tragus pierced? Use our store locator to find your local Blue Banana Studio. There’s no need to book an appointment; you can simply go to the store of your choice and be pierced on the day.
Please ensure that you have checked the anti tragus piercing age restriction before coming to store. It can help to avoid any undue disappointment. Please note that the anti tragus piercing cannot be performed on everyone. If the cartilage on your ear is too small or you already have other piercings close by such as a stretched earlobe, you may not be able to have an anti tragus. Don’t worry – if your cartilage is too small you can opt for an upper lobe piercing which looks similar to the anti tragus. In a Blue Banana studio, the anti tragus piercing age restriction is 16 (ID may be required) or 13 with parental consent from a parent or guardian who is present.
Once you’re all booked in, you will have some forms to fill out. A member of Blue Banana staff will go through the steps and can help you pick out jewellery. Then you can meet the piercer! They too will give you a quick consultation and briefing before discussing the anti tragus piercing location.
The piercer typically uses a sterilised gauge needle and passes it through the anti tragus cartilage, inserting the jewellery in the process. This area is thicker than other ear piercing sites so may take a little longer than piercings such as the helix. The piercing spot is cleaned thoroughly and marked with a pen first so you can check that you are happy with the location.
During the healing process, it is important to avoid knocking the piercing or putting pressure on the area as this will slow down healing and can even cause unnecessary problems. For example, make sure not to sleep on the side with the new piercing. Other steps that can be taken to aid with healing include tying back long hair, not wearing earphones or other ear coverings, and avoiding contact with any kind of cosmetics including fake tan and hair products.
Like any piercing, it is important to maintain top hygiene when caring for your new piercing. Sticking to your aftercare routine for your anti tragus piercing will help limit potential infections and ensure your piercing gets the best chance at healing quickly. Clean your anti tragus piercing twice a day with a salt water solution or Tea Tree Oil by gently bathing it using cotton wool. Unlike some other cartilage piercings, the anti tragus is in an easy area to clean.
While it is important to ensure your general ear hygiene is first rate, it is also advisable to avoid using soap on your new piercing so be sure to take extra care while washing your ears and removing ear wax.If you would like further information, make sure to read our full Piercing Aftercare Guides to learn about side effects to look out for.
There’s plenty of options when it comes to anti tragus piercing jewellery from Blue Banana. Some popular styles include:
- Anti Tragus Piercing Hoop
- Anti Tragus Ring
- Anti Tragus Piercing Jewellery
We tend to recommend choosing piercing jewellery such as a curved barbell for the first year of having your anti tragus piercing as this is much less likely to become caught or get knocked against anything, therefore helping your piercing to heal. Once your piercing is fully healed there are plenty of ring and hoop options to try out, including BCRs, circular barbell, seamless rings. Remember to always follow the advice of your piercer when it comes to changing your jewellery.
Our curved titanium barbells are available in a range of colours so you are sure to have plenty of choice. If you are looking to add some sparkle to your piercing jewellery then make sure to check out our jewelled barbells, also available in a range of colours. When choosing your piercing jewellery there are a few things you need to consider:
- Jewellery Size – everyone’s ears are different sizes, so make sure to pick anti tragus jewellery that sits just right in your ear. If you pick something with a diameter or gauge that is too wide it may not have such a comfortable fit. Often anti tragus piercings are fitted with micro jewellery which is smaller than usual cartilage piercing jewellery due to the size of the ridge that is being piercing. This also makes activities such as wearing headphones more comfortable.
- Jewellery Material – piercing materials differ not only through their look but also how they could react to your skin. If you have sensitive skin that may be prone to irritation, one of the many Titanium jewellery options is recommended. This material comes in a variety of colours and is durable too!
When searching for a piece of jewellery make sure you know your measurements. We display the piercing jewellery measurements as Gauge first (displayed in millimetres) then Diameter/Length, e.g. 1.2mm x 8mm.
- Gauge – this is the thickness of the jewellery itself.
- Diameter – the width across the widest point of the jewellery for hoops and rings.
- Length – the length of the piercing bar, usually not including the ball.
- Find Your Local BB Studio
- Age Restrictions & Prices
- Aftercare & Cleaning
- Piercing Size & Gauge Guide
- Inserting, Changing & Removing Jewellery
- Piercing Pain: The Ultimate Guide
- Piercing At Blue Banana
- Piercing Laws Around the UK