Hell Bunny: A Brand Guide
Hello there fashion lovers!
As you know, at Blue Banana we stock a huge and diverse range of clothing including everything from vintage dresses to Gothic boots, but despite our varying styles, one thing you can be sure of is that we always choose the very best brands to work with. One of our favourites has got to be creators of cute, Hell Bunny! With a wealth of retro-inspired threads that walk the line between dark & alternative to colourful & chic, this brand is one that we’re really proud to work with!
If you’re a Hell Bunny fan, or you’ve not checked them out before, here is a little brand lowdown to tell you all you need to know about these fashionistas and what to expect from their range. Enjoy!
Anyone who has seen our Hell Bunny range knows that the clothing speaks for itself, with a huge selection of different designs and styles, you can rely on this brand to keep you looking fresh and fabulous when it comes to alternative fashion.
From their beginnings, where the brand focused more exclusively on punk clothing with cutesy appeal, they have continued to grow and diversify! These clothing magicians now offer styles ranging from demure 40’s vintage clothing, to nautical inspired outfits and even the darker edge of alternative fashion, Gothic clothing.
These guys are pushing the limits like no other brand, spreading their talent across a variety of subcultures and appealing simultaneously to retro-loving babes and Gothic girls alike!
Another great thing about Hell Bunny is that they cater for bodies of all shapes and sizes, with a plus size range and sizing options between XS and 4XL, when it comes to Hell Bunny, there’s no such thing as that elusive ‘perfect ten‘! So whatever size the label in your frock may show, you can rely on Hell Bunny to make sure you look fabulous when rocking it!
It’s not just the great sizing options that women love about Hell Bunny, but their awesome ability to create clothing that’s as flattering as it is gorgeous! Using timeless techniques like a cinched in waist, kicked-out full skirts and elasticated back panels, these fashionistas have made creating an hourglass silhouette an art-form, and they’re certainly good at it!
So we can see that the Hell Bunny brand offers substance, but what about style? Put it this way, if you are an alternative fashion fan, this brand is sure to have something you love. With an array of vintage designs featuring cute kitsch prints, all the way to punk-inspired tartan numbers, the amount of tastes and style this brand encompasses really has to be seen to be believed…
If you’re looking for a cute top that’s versatile as well as stylish, Hell Bunny have a great selection. From short sleeved knitted numbers to beautiful blouses, there are plenty of styles to choose from to suit any taste. Here are just a few of our favourites:
- Idgy – This sweet little number is available in both pastel pink and baby blue but it’s so adorable that we wouldn’t blame you for wanting both! Perfect for all-year round wear, this short sleeve knit is light enough to wear in warmer weather, but is also a great option for slightly chillier winter days, especially when paired with a cardigan or jacket.
- Bardot – For anyone that likes their fashion simple yet stylish, these classic designs offer feminine appeal without the fuss. These lovely tops have a seductive off-the-shoulder cut and a cutesy bow detail which just adds extra feminine flair. Available in black, navy or red there is a Bardot top for any palette so check them out now!
- Kathleen – Bring some formal fashion to your Hell Bunny wardrobe in the gorgeously sophisticated Kathleen blouse, available in cream or black. Whichever colour you opt for, this blouse is a must-have; with its swooping sleeves, fitted cuffs and a large bow detail to the neckline, this top looks ridiculously hot paired with a fitted pencil skirt or even dressed down with some skinny jeans.
- Mauricette – Think of this design as the classic Bardot’s flirty sister! With the same flattering neckline and bow detailing, these fun tops also feature a pinstripe pattern and intricate frilled edging along the trims. The Mauricette has a versatile style just like the Bardot and looks great with any jeans or skirts, so if you want pretty patterns, this is the top for you.
Hell Bunny are undoubtedly most famous for their dress designs, and with rails of numbers ranging from 50’s dresses to retro dresses smothered in cute prints and even punk or Gothic LBDs to boot, it’s not hard to see why!
This brand caters well for the indecisive shopper and for the girl who wants to own every kind of dress in the world! So whether you’re into show-stopping colourful frocks or sophisticated vintage numbers, here is just a taster of some of our favourite designs:
- Vanity – Available in both a mini and knee-length style, not to mention a variety of gorgeous colours, this retro dress is a simple frock with some tell-tale Hell Bunny trims. Featuring black piping, a sweetheart neckline and cute little pockets, these strappy vintage dresses are a timeless addition to any wardrobe and look great in the daytime or dressed up with heels in the evening.
- Amelia – For any girl who goes gaga over kittens, these cutesy dresses are a cat-lovers best friend! In both a halterneck mini style and a knee-length strappy 50’s option, this fun and flirty design is a great twist on traditional dresses. Featuring either a black or pale blue finish that’s smothered from top to bottom in an adorable kitty and heart print, the Amelia dresses are designed for ladies who love to shine and will guarantee you floods of compliments!
- Beebee – One of the most versatile dress designs on offer from Hell Bunny, this LBD is casual enough to wear in the daytime and can easily be dressed up for the evening. Not only does the Beebee boast some seriously cute embroidered patches on the peter pan collar, but with a retro polka dot pattern and gorgeous three quarter length sleeves, this LBD is guaranteed to be a wardrobe staple for any girl who loves a frock.
- Doralee – It’s not all about big flowy skirts and cute prints with Hell Bunny dresses and the Doralee Tartan Pencil Dress proves it! With a figure-hugging pencil cut, three quarter sleeves and a collar, this tartan print vintage dress has a demure style that is instantly recognisable as a HB creation. Pair it with some black tights and kitten heels for a stylish formal outfit that will take you from your desk to the dance floor and back again!
- Harley – The last little number to feature on our list is another tartan creation. With a distinctly punk feel, this mini dress has a front ribbon corset lace up design and a ruffled tutu skirt trimmed with black net. Packed with alternative style, this is just one example of Hell Bunny’s unique ability to appeal to a darker and more alternative audience as well as their traditional retro fan-base.
No self-respecting wardrobe would be complete without a selection of different bottoms. With everything from circle skirts to vintage trousers, Hell Bunny are just the brand to cater for both your work and play collection.
Hell Bunny bottoms include many knee-length skirts with all of their famous patterns and prints, as well as a series of vintage flared trousers that are ideal for work. If you’re not much of a summer skirt person, this brand has got you covered with some chic Capri pants that will keep you cool in retro style during summer. With so many styles to choose from, here are just a few of our faves…
- Ladybird 50’s Skirt – For a real throwback inspired outfit, the Ladybird 50’s skirt is one of Hell Bunny’s finest! Featuring a gorgeously kitsch gingham pattern and two cute pockets with ladybird embroidery, this midi skirt looks lovely with a black crop top or a short sleeved blouse in the summer; or you can flaunt it in the winter by pairing with some tights and flats.
- Lady Hay Trousers – Wouldn’t it be cool to take some of your individual style to work with you? In the Lady Hay trousers, vintage fashion lovers can do exactly that! With a throwback wide-leg style, side button detailing and a high waist, these grey smart trousers are suitable for any office environment whilst still maintaining a gorgeous vintage style. So we say thank you Hell Bunny for bringing some life to boring work-wear!
- Anna Capri Pants – If you love getting out and about in the sunny weather but aren’t so keen on flashing the flesh in a skirt, Hell Bunny’s range of Capri pants are a retro-inspired compromise. The Anna design features a cute cherry embroidered patch to one hip and adorable bows to the rear cuffs; giving these cropped trousers a fun and feminine feel! So ditch the boring black leggings and let your pins shine in some Hell Bunny pants!
- Martie 50’s Skirt – Available in both pastel pink and ravishing red, this 50’s style circle skirt takes its inspiration from the Vanity dress. With a subtle polka dot print, decorative button panel going down the front and side pockets, these retro skirts are a twirl-worthy addition to any girly-girls wardrobe; perfect for pairing with heels and vest tops.
We know that winter can be a tough time for fashion fans, with many of us hanging up our beloved frocks and skirts in favour of an ugly old raincoat that’s seen better days but still keeps us warm… The good news is that with Hell Bunny you can maintain your stylish appeal all year round with their wonderful selection of cardigans and coats that are specifically designed to keep you toasty and gorgeous!
With cutesy embroidered cardigans, to vintage button-up coats, there is a winter warmer option for almost any taste, but here is a rundown of some of our favourite Hell Bunny snugglies…
- Courtney Coat – For fans of vintage style, this button up coat is absolutely packed with cute trims to set it apart from the boring raincoats on the rails. Featuring black frill piping, decorative buttons, heart pockets with bow details and a unique corset rear lace up, this retro coat certainly has a lot of talking points! With a gorgeous red finish that’ll coordinate perfectly with the frosted berries on the trees, the Courtney coat looks fabulous with some thick black tights and heeled booties for a Christmas-ready outfit that’ll keep you toasty!
- Hell Bunny Nancy Cardigan – As far as cardigans go, Hell Bunny certainly know what they’re doing! Featuring a gorgeously summery mint finish coupled with contrasting pink buttons and embroidered flamingo patches, this pastel cardi is so versatile you can wear it all year round! Pair with a retro summer dress and sandals in warmer weather, or add this layer to a shirt and jeans for a winter-ready stylish finish.
- Olivia Cardigan – Available in both plus size and standard sizing, this red number features a large black hem trim, embroidered roses detailing and a cheeky little bow tie for a feminine finish. The versatile nature of this red and black cardi means it can be worn with almost any bottoms, so you’ll be able to pair it with your fave jeans or a fitted pencil; whatever takes your fancy! The important thing is, this knit will beat the chill without sacrificing your beautiful Hell Bunny style.
- Kira Coat – Available in classic black or deep green, this winter coat is a far cry from your average rain mac! With a warm wool finish and a flared fit, this design is ideal for any girl who’s looking for a coat that goes with anything. The Hell Bunny Kira coat is so gorgeously vintage, nobody would blame you for not wanting to take it off at the party, but hey, if you’re wearing a Hell Bunny dress underneath- it’ll be worth it!
Now You’re Clued Up…
If all of that has got your shopping senses tingling, check out our entire Hell Bunny section to see what goodies we have to bulk out your wardrobe! Whether you’re looking for a fail-safe frock that will last you all year round, or you’re investing in a new cosy and cuddly winter coat, if you’re after quality and style, Hell Bunny is the brand for you!
Do you already have a wardrobe bursting with Hell Bunny treats? If you do, we’d love to see ’em! Hit us up with some selfies, or simply a pic of your collection on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the tag #BBHellBunny