As a frowny piercing is an oral piercing, you should rinse your mouth out daily with either a PHP neutral mouthwash or a saline solution after eating as well as twice a day. Healing time is usually four to twelve weeks and you should avoid smoking, alcohol or spicy foods until the piercing is healed to deter any unnecessary irritation. A frowny piercing can easily reject so you should keep an eye on its placement and for any changes, though it’s not as likely to reject over time as the smiley piercing. Some people will not have a frenulum in this area of their mouth, which obviously rules out their suitability for this body modification so always think about whether your anatomy has space for this oral piercing.
Frowny Piercing Tips
- Unlike a smiley piercing, a frowny is usually not visible unless you deliberately pull down your lip. This is great for those of you who want a more private piercing.
- Healing time is 4 -12 weeks
- In some cases can damage teeth or gums so monitor your mouth around your new piercing
- Cleanse twice a day and after eating with either a saline solution (don’t swallow this) or a PHP neutral mouthwash (or this).
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and spicy foods until healing is finished and also keep in mind that kissing exchanges a lot of bacteria.
- Usual jewellery for this piercing is a BCR or barbell
Article Disclaimer: For more information, please view our article guides terms and conditions page.