Piercing add ons are a simple and effective way to bring variety to your style without having to buy masses of jewellery. Barbell threaded balls are easy to change and are also present with labrets and belly bars. Provided that the body jewellery is the same gauge, you can easily interchange these piercing accessories and include a variety of add ons to your alternative style. Piercing add ons can come in a range of styles and can also bring a totally different appeal to your look such as:
- Adding spike or points to the end of your body jewellery for a more punk look
- Colourful gems and stones for a glittering and attractive appearance
- Unusually shaped piercing accessories that will get people’s attention
- Glow in the dark add ons
- Acrylic threaded balls with printed designs
As you can see, add ons come in all shapes and sizes and are a great way to mix up your look without having to purchase many different kinds of body jewellery. Particularly for labret and medusa piercings, where the threaded ball is almost entirely what you can see, you can change your look in an instant without ever needing to change the main section of your body piercing. Add ons can either come as threaded balls, which merely need to be twisted onto the end of your body piercing, or you can purchase push fit accessories, which are for plastic labrets that allow metallic add ons and piercing accessories.
When purchasing add ons for ear piercing jewellery, it is far more likely that the main section of the barbell or labret will be more noticeable, meaning that you should co-ordinate the colours of the section and threaded ball more exactly. In the case of industrial piercings, you must bear in mind that the threaded balls won’t be as noticeable and if you use add ons that feature an unusual shape they might dig in to the outside of your cartilage. Gem stones are an easy and popular way to bring a splash of colour to your ensemble, as well as attracting attention to your body piercing. You can even colour co-ordinate your piercing to match your outfit with the help of add ons and piercing accessories.
Tips For Piercing Add Ons
- Always ensure that you’re purchasing the right size threaded ball for your barbell or labret, otherwise you won’t be able to use them!
- Take care when purchasing another colour for the add on, make sure the difference doesn’t stand out too much.
- Don’t thread the ball on too tight as this may cause discomfort for your piercing. Conversely, don’t leave your add on too loose as it may come off without you noticing.
For barbells, two matching add ons always look great. The prominent position of labret, Madonna and medusa piercings all give you a huge range of options for piercing accessories.
Article Disclaimer: For more information, please view our article guides terms and conditions page.